Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Current Projects

Repaint commissions on these two horses from the same owner.

The Before's:

BHR Arab stallion, ordered in bay, CM'd to a Pintaban. 



Pyt Friesian Stallion, Blue Roan. 












Originally they were just supposed to be repaints, but the Arab broke three legs in shipping, and Pyt broke his tail off, so some repairs will be in order after they finish getting their paint stripped. 

Both of these are Artist's Choice for the new paint colors - I can't decide what I want to do yet. They are owned by a non-showing home, so I have more freedom to pretty much paint them however I like - whether or not the color is breed appropriate. 

I know Pyt is a Friesian mold, but straight black seems rather boring on him. Especially since there are multiple others that are done in black too. He could also pass as an Andalusian or PRE - thats what I thought he was when I first unpacked him but Freisian he is. I'm thinking a soft smutty buckskin on him would be delicious, but I have to do more reference picture research first. 

As for the BRH Arab - gosh he's an open book. I've seen them painted in all sorts of gorgeous colors. So, dunno on him yet. 



























Oh the carnage!

No comments:

Post a Comment