Last nights progress.
The wings got bulked out with Amazing Sculpt, and then I had the thought to create a thin 'membrane' to sculpt the actual wings over but wasn't sure how to do it. Some digging around in my sculpting box uncovered a brand new package of cheesecloth, so it got picked for the job.
My hope was that I could squish it into the under bones of the wings, and when the Amazing Sculpt dried, it would be permanently affixed. Which is mostly what it did. About halfway through the curing process I tested it in a corner and found that it was sticking, but with enough force, would lift up.
So I grabbed my super glue, and ran a thin small line of glue down the long, main bone on each side. That did the final trick, and now that cheesecloth isn't going anywhere.
Now, I need to figure out what to put over the cheese cloth to make it look even more wing like. I was originally thinking more Amazing Sculpt, but a quick test on that last night proved that it won't stick to the cheese cloth very well at all. Initially it would, but when I started the attempt to smooth it out, it lifted right up.
So, now I'm thinking maybe liquid latex or something of the sort. I'll have to search around some and see whats out there to use.